* New! Latest stable version of OK wallet v7-SpaceMonkey *

On Average how many OKCash do you need to effectively Stake

Started by adsactly, September 17, 2016, 01:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adsactly

How many OKCash on Average do you need to make it worth while to receive rewards from staking?

OKupdates

There is no average you need, every quantity can stake, depending on the network % staking it could take longer or sooner to take the stakes,
and like mining, more coins staking would mean higher staking power, but then again all stakers "miners" get their rewards,
meaning no matter how many coins you have staking, you will earn(stake-mine) its yearly % reward on them.
Okcash is self sustainable and is fully supported by voluntaries (Just like Bitcoin)

Okorator

I recomend everyone buy at least 500k to stake  :P

But, yeah, no min... the greater the amount, the more often the stakes, but not more coins overall.

John

Quote from: Okorator on October 04, 2016, 02:25:29 PM

But, yeah, no min... the greater the amount, the more often the stakes, but not more coins overall.

at least 500k? so big!

sylvesterboyd

so, even tho my staking tab is posting "2 days to reward", since i opened my wallet 5 days ago, by the end of the year i will have the annual% posted into my wallet

shbour

Quote from: John on February 01, 2017, 06:25:34 AM
Quote from: Okorator on October 04, 2016, 02:25:29 PM

at least 500k? so big!
I think the k was a typo and meant to write 500 OK.

shbour

Quote from: sylvesterboyd on June 11, 2017, 02:11:25 PM
so, even tho my staking tab is posting "2 days to reward", since i opened my wallet 5 days ago, by the end of the year i will have the annual% posted into my wallet
OK is meant to give a PoS of 10% until next halving. If you stake your coins throughout the year, you will get that 10%, unless you didn't stake for the whole 10% period.

Millertime31

What can be done to improve the odds of collecting coins?  I have missed out on 80 coins so far that were "generated but not accepted."

Thank you for any help.