October 15, 2019, 09:19:57 pm

News:

Latest stable version of OKCash Core: 4.0.0.7 *new!

Growing Piezo Crystals Under a Vacuum

Started by Kultus, November 08, 2016, 12:22:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kultus

November 08, 2016, 12:22:56 am Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:51:06 am by Kultus
Piezoelectric crystals are a very interesting crystal, piezo derives from the Greek word -  piezein, which means to squeeze or press, these crystals produce electricity with any pressure to them. I have for a while now been documenting a way to produce these cheaply and other methods we can use to make the effects of the crystals stronger.

I will be revisiting this research after a talk today with one John Morissette who has been a massive help in my understanding of vacuum systems. I shall document my work as I go and update this post as I go, for now I will leave you with a couple of videos I have done which will help you to even grow your own basic crystals

[youtube width=600 height=400]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSIQzc7pLEw[/youtube]

[youtube width=600 height=400]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsrFv0I9hRA[/youtube]

05/Nov/2016
Update 1

Building a vacuum chamber for tests:

For this I needed some new tools, some $80 later I am the proud new owner of a small blow torch and a pipe flaring tool

I shall take a 6mm plate steel (was in fact a hot plate from a BBQ) I used this as it is incredibly strong and very flat which is what I will need for my vessel to pull down on for my vacuum chamber as i will show in my diagram below.

My intentions are to grow the crystals under a vacuum, apply certain electrical frequencies, magnetic fields and sound waves during the growing. This will be achieved by electrical input built into the base of the vacuum chamber, also viewable on the diagram. Another thing I would like to try is "doping" the mixture the crystals are grown in, that is where use additives, we might try add something like iron for better conductivity or even copper sulphate as that woudl be better for crystal growth. 

Well I am off to start building this, I most likely will not have it finished today, but will have made a good start to it.