* New! Latest stable version of OK wallet v7-SpaceMonkey *

Future ideas for OKcash development?

Started by r-ando, September 07, 2017, 10:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r-ando

I was an active member of the Dash community for a long time and we used to share our ideas for possibilities for future coin developments. (To give the community and developers things to think about and things to plan for the future/and its fun)

I would love to hear peoples thoughts and ideas about OKcash!

My first idea is similar to what we see with Dash and the voting system. I voted for that system earlier in Dash's history. But I would have implemented it differently and allowed everyone to vote, not just people with masternodes (its not very democratic).

Okcash recently did a vote to see if people wanted to go on the Poloniex exchange (which we do! The more the better  ;) )

The thing is most people keep their OKcash wallet open at all times for staking, how cool would it be if every time their was a vote on something, or a poll, it happened through the wallet. For example, poll: is the marketing firm doing a good job according to you? Then a notification appears in the wallet letting you know that there is a poll or a vote happening. People see if its a poll or a vote and can take action accordingly through their wallet.

The advantage of this is that apart from incorporating awesome features for the coin and wallet, it would allow the poll or vote to reach the maximum amount of stakeholders as soon as possible.

- Also in the notification section of the wallet there could be a section for tournament invites  :)

That's my first idea. I'd love to hear your ideas, thanks!

twoberk

merhaba türkiyede cep telefonu mağazam var  müşterilerin okcash ile alışveriş yapmasını istiyorum

tese

Your idea looks pretty interesting r-ando! :D
Integrating an open chat (same as OK-general at Discord) could help to get the wallet open too.

I've thinking about creating some videogames tournaments and parties to meet the communnity and gain visibility,
We can make a wallet to deposit the entry fee (1 OK per game, for example) and the winners win that jackpot.

My English it's a bit basic but I hpe you can undestand me :)

OKCASHIGOR

Quote from: r-ando on September 07, 2017, 10:48:42 AM
I was an active member of the Dash community for a long time and we used to share our ideas for possibilities for future coin developments. (To give the community and developers things to think about and things to plan for the future/and its fun)

I would love to hear peoples thoughts and ideas about OKcash!

My first idea is similar to what we see with Dash and the voting system. I voted for that system earlier in Dash's history. But I would have implemented it differently and allowed everyone to vote, not just people with masternodes (its not very democratic).

Okcash recently did a vote to see if people wanted to go on the Poloniex exchange (which we do! The more the better  ;) )

The thing is most people keep their OKcash wallet open at all times for staking, how cool would it be if every time their was a vote on something, or a poll, it happened through the wallet. For example, poll: is the marketing firm doing a good job according to you? Then a notification appears in the wallet letting you know that there is a poll or a vote happening. People see if its a poll or a vote and can take action accordingly through their wallet.

The advantage of this is that apart from incorporating awesome features for the coin and wallet, it would allow the poll or vote to reach the maximum amount of stakeholders as soon as possible.

- Also in the notification section of the wallet there could be a section for tournament invites  :)

That's my first idea. I'd love to hear your ideas, thanks!

I think it's a brilliant idea for democratizing Okcash. Voting integration through wallet notifications would greatly improve the community and provide guidance to the developers on the future of OKCash.

r-ando

Thanks! I think its the next step in crypto. Hopefully OKcash takes charge. It would be perfect because of the community. Social crypto, like social media, or social networks. The coin that implements this first will have the advantage in the long haul. One day when it gains enough momentum big elections and referendums can/will be run through the blockchain/wallet voting system...

The goal should basically be to create/develop Okcash so that you can use it anywhere to buy things both online AND in person. Like Visa or Mastercard. A form of currency. To do this we need to bring it to stores so that you can go to the payout counters both human and machine, and choose Okcash as your form of payment. 

For the voting system a nice way to do it would be to have a tab for social. The tab blinks when something you are ''interested'' in is happening. You can choose your interests but some are selected by default like major announcements or votes.

When it gets really fancy then the tab can have sub tabs of different colours and you can assign colors/sub tabs to different ''interests'' or chats/tournaments. So they blink in different colors when things of interest are happening.

r-ando

Quote from: tese on September 13, 2017, 04:13:03 AM
Your idea looks pretty interesting r-ando! :D
Integrating an open chat (same as OK-general at Discord) could help to get the wallet open too.

I've thinking about creating some videogames tournaments and parties to meet the communnity and gain visibility,
We can make a wallet to deposit the entry fee (1 OK per game, for example) and the winners win that jackpot.

My English it's a bit basic but I hpe you can undestand me :)

I really like that idea! Social interests fits in perfect with chat. No pun intended with interest of course... hahaha it is OKcash with staking  :)

malowid

Hi. I have some ideas.
Create app (android and ios) or add to okcash wallet lottery. you can buy a tickets for okcash (expl. 1 okcash
= 1 ticket) all sold tickets make a some sum of okcash ; 80% will be for prices 20% for support okcash project and pay fee for lottery cost.
before when You want buy a ticket member should give a okcash wallet address for recive win okcash.
Also should be a  okcash lotteryy  wallet address for increase prices (volontary donations etc..)
Also you can send tickets to register member's id in lottery app. "this  idea can be improved"
This will be hard but this idea could be nice.
Create a website (for example Okcash dreams). Everyone write about his/her dreams for example i woud like nice trip to... or good car etc.
they can write about themselves and registerd member have  oppen wallet in okcash. If someone want withdrawal okcash should pay fee if keep wallet long time the fee is smaller. (after one year for free).
If You want be registred You should pay 1000 okcash 200 okcash go for website fee(or okcash project) and another 800 okcash must be send to registed member befor You. First possition will be okcash project .
Everyone can donation registerd member.(visible address  okcash wallet)
Registred members can send donation to anothers . Who will send the most okcash for donaction (each weak )will gets 90% okcash for stacking from all registred wallet on this website. 10% go random to any members.
"this  idea can be improved"

r-ando

Interesting.

One of the features I would really like to see for the wallet itself is some way to hide the balance while keeping the wallet open. ''Hide Balance" A hide balance option would really be nice in the wallet.

Banks have this at ATMs and its always made me uncomfortable having an open wallet when people are around because people can see your balance.

r-ando

I think the fact that the wallet stays open is incredible because so many layers can be added to it.

Ideas to consider:

-Having an integrated web browser in the wallet. When you buy things online you need to search for them/about them, compare prices, why not do it directly from the wallet you will pay with, its more efficient. And it would be a great feature to add value to OKcash. It could also host advertisement to provide revenue for the developers that work on OKcash. A revenue stream for OKcash development.

-Complicated: Having OKcash run on a private internet.

Concerns/idea: Are nodes ''hidden", can a government for example know that I am running a node/have an open wallet? If not can we hide the network? This would also probably be beneficial for network attacks.

Big idea: Create a decentralised exchange where you can buy/sell any alt coin but that runs on the OKcash wallet. This would have many positive effects and would encourage more people to use/have/have open OKcash wallets. For example, create another revenue stream for OKcash. Also, with the OKcash wallet directly linked to the decentalised exchange many things would be possible. More layers... For example, then we can get employees to run the business of the exchange and (idea up above) internet browser. If there is a businessthat runs these aspects then we can put in other layers and have that company support the whole network and community. For example, password management... You forget your password? No problem. You lose your private key. No problem. The company is like a bank and administers it for you (on blockchain :)) you call in explain the situation, they verify your identity and voila! Thank you for calling today and have a nice day, your password is.... Here is your private key.... Wallet insurance services.

r-ando

I recently had a thought about the problems with cutting the staking percentage over time. The justification for this is that coin generation will last longer and so coins will be mined for more years.

However, I believe that cutting the staking percentage will be counter-productive. I might be wrong on this but I know that at less than 5% I will no longer hold OK just for the stakes.

Right now at 10% it seems relatively attractive as an investment because when higher prices or price stability has been reached it will be a better investment than most other investments (example those that pay 7% a year) which are very possible to find, for example on the stock market.

Example, why would I hold OKcash instead of Dash when running (or being part of a masternode) pays more than the staking reward of OKcash. These are questions/answers we want to solve.

In my opinion, It would be better to make all the coins faster and provide a better short term investment prospect to reach mass adoption. Once OK has a large user base, interest (staking) will hopefully serve as less of an incentive to hold as the price will increase with demand and encourage people to hold... but in the short term, to stabilize the price and increase adoption we should aim to provide a better return on investment.

For example, another proof of stake coins provide 25% return per year and they are currently doing better than OK even though the community is smaller. I understand that total coin production will be faster as a result of higher stakes but should we not plan for this lifetime instead of thinking about stakes for other peoples lifetimes? Once people are using OK everywhere stakes will matter less. I think there should be more reward for early adopters (To attract) and we are still very much at that stage of early adoption.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks

Edit/solution: I just had an interesting idea. How to encourage people to buy more OK? We could make the stake percentage variable. The more OK you have the higher the stake percentage (With a limit of course). For example, if you have 1000 OK or less it pays you X amount a year. If you have double that, it pays X2 per year, etc. This way we create an incentive to accumulate more coins.

r-ando

I also think it would be very nice to be able to load up a plastic card (maybe a prepaid credit card) with OK and pay with it at physical checkout points everywhere. Just say OK and swipe your card. That would be really cool.

r-ando

Another cool concept is what we see with Bitconnect. People earn a reward for bringing other people in. It could be fun to incorporate a similar concept to increase and attract adoption.

r-ando

From Bitconnect review:  Affiliates can also earn referral commissions through a unilevel compensation structure, which is paid on funds that are invested.

This would be awesome to implement for OKcash. :)

r-ando

Another thing I'd like to see OKcash develop is a solution to increasing transaction fee rates when a coin appreciates in value. For example now that Bitcoin has increased in value a lot it costs more (with the same sending fee) to send money. Would it be possible to make the transaction fee variable to compensate for increased price of the coin. That way as OKcash goes up in value the transaction fee would lower to compensate and keep it possible to make micro transactions.

r-ando

I would really like to see a roadmap for Okcash on the website. (EEven if its subject to change, investors like roadmaps)

I'd also like to see the new list of developers and core participants on the website. I think this would add core value and visibility to the coin. As it is right now its really difficult to see who is involved with the coin. Thanks!